Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Becoming.

My summer has been marked by significant changes. But they've been of an indirect sort. I've felt like things and people have been whirling around me while I am standing still. And as a result, I've found myself confused about where I fit, what I'm doing, who I am, who I want to be.

This weekend I had an epiphany: I have the freedom to choose. I can choose to be kind and generous, to live creatively and discuss fascinating things, to pursue truth, to reflect glory. And I can begin to become who I want to be today; I can make something happen.

Beth and I were talking on our run the other night. She said, "Every day, I have to decide to run." Guilt from yesterday's skipped workout or pride about tomorrow's impressive mileage don't matter so much. It's about making the right decision today.

So today, I choose change. What about you?

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3.17

1 comment:

Beth said...

i never have to choose to love you. that's easy.