Friday, March 20, 2009

You in?

Okay friends. It's time. If you've read any of the posts on this blog, you already know that running a marathon with Team World Vision is a life changing experience. No question about it. So it's sort of selfish of me to keep this to myself, don't you think?

There are lots of reasons not to try: it's time-consuming, it's scary, it's pricey. And it is all of those things, at times. But I wouldn't encourage people to do it if it wasn't completely worth every minute, every tear, and every dollar.

If you're looking for a new challenge, if you want to get in better shape, if you want to help change lives in Africa, do this. You won't regret it.

www.teamworldvision.org/chicagomarathon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren!

I found you through LinkedIn. I have been supporting World Vision through starting 30 Hour Famines in local churches since I was 12. Although I'm not ready for a marathon or a triathlon I do enjoy swimming..does that count? :) My degree and background is in marketing and I would love to discuss anyopen Chicago opportunities through WV. Feel free to email me at: rebecca.gorbena@gmail.com.
Have a fantastic week!
Rebecca